Wednesday, February 23, 2011

a bit more about me!

So.. one thing I forgot to tell you in my last post was that.. I dont sew!!! I dont have a machine but I do have a teeny tiny sewing kit somewhere that Mum made up for me. Now you really think I am an imposter dont you!!!
Well, here are a few things that I have refashioned... not all wearable and some art that I entered into a recycled art competition a year ago..

these are a few samples of cards made using images from old magazines and childrens books, some dating back to 1950!

this one is an outdoor table decoration made with recycled stone, timber, glasses and ribbons

 this one is a wall hanging made using old pieces of timber lattice work and an old key
 this is a simple neck piece made from an old t shirt and belt buckle
and this one is a necklace made using some ribbon, twine an old button and some lace.

Well, I hope you enjoyed these images... you can see more on my blog
and my facebook page dedicated to my refashioned items 

4 comments:

LF said...

Cool! I like these! Adds some nice variety to the posts as well. Recycling paper totally counts, but the buckle necklace is my favorite.

frangipani designs said...

yay! Thank you :)

Unknown said...

I really like your cards Claire, very inspiring.

Unknown said...

I love the necklaces - so clever !
Eddie