Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sweater to yarn to shawl refashion

I am so excited to share this refashion with you all. It has been a first in many ways. It's my first refashion to share on the Refashion Co-op. It's the first item I have knitted using my own recycled yarn. The yarn was from the first sweater I tried recycling. Finally, it was the first time I tried knitting a lace shawl, or any shawl really.

I have added more photos and links to a post on Grey Duckling.

If you are interested in recycling your own yarn let me point you to this introduction I wrote. If you would like to join a knit-along or are interested in the shawl pattern let me point you to this post on Historic Crafts about the Echo Flower Shawl knit along (KAL).



Do you want to see more photos?

I would love to hear what you think and whether you have done something similar!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That is pretty darn fabulous!!
Pxxx

Clare said...

That's incredible - I'm really impressed and would definitely like to give yarn recycling a go at some point.

Unknown said...

Thank you Miss P and Clare,

You should definitely give it a go Clare, it's so fulfilling!

Eddie

Becky said...

Nice! That looks sooo much better as the shawl than the sweater!

Huli said...

what a gorgeous shawl!

Jenni said...

So beautiful! I am a lousy knitter, but I enjoy the process. Frogging yarn is perhaps even MORE fun than knitting! It is sooooo satisfying. I don't know why.

CarmencitaB said...

I am humbled, great job!

frangipani designs said...

absolutely incredible..... x

Lyndel said...

what can I say.... WOW

Jenelle said...

I will certainly be tearing apart some sweaters for someone else to knit or crochet for me in the near future! Your shaw is absolutely amazing! It's beautiful. I am drooling.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement on this my first RC refashion.
And to all you fellow and future sweater unravellers, yeah, I can't wait to see what you get up to.
I am going to sign of for today and catch up with you all next week to see what you have been up to by then.
take care,
Eddie

Unknown said...

Wowsa Eddie, this is amazing!!!