Thursday, November 17, 2011

Anthropologie Inspired Winking Sky Cardigan

When I say Anthropologie -inspired, I truly do mean "inspired" as my cardigan is done a little different from the original.

My version, total cost $1:





And the Anthro version $128:


The Anthro version is actually beaded. To make mine, I used a thrift store plain cardigan - $1 - and added lots of tiny french knots (good photo tutorial here) using white embroidery thread that I had on hand.

This is part of my 30 Days For 30 Dollars Project of which you can see more on my blog:

3 comments:

Corina said...

Nice job! That must have taken so long.

Refashion said...

Wow, what a fab refashion. The cardigan looks great, very elegant.

Debbie
EOD

Melissa said...

Uber impressed. You have inspired me to head over to Anthropologie for a spell.