Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jeans Pants Leg to Cute Tote

Ten minutes before picking up the little ones from school I thought to myself I have nothing to wear. I had been in workout gear when I dropped them off at school since I hit the gym in the morning but now that I was all showered and ready to go I needed something to wear. I cut off a pair of my favorite jeans that were just too holey to wear as pants in public and voila fun cut-offs. The pants legs sat around for a few months until I could figure out what to do with them. I was finally inspired to make them into a cute tote for a little girl.



I added a cheery lining from a fabric I scored at a yard sale ( I think I got like 8 yards and I paid $2). I made the straps from a pair of kids jeans (passed along from a neighbor getting rid of her son's old jeans) and that is where the pocket came from as well.




I feel like the tote needs a little punch on the outside to make it a little more fun! Suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

Nice job!

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty