Thursday, December 01, 2011

Ridiculously easy tights to bracelet refashion

super simple bracelet

My dear daughter is growing so quickly that some tights bought for her only this autumn are already too short! Inspired by all the fabric necklaces people were making around the blogosphere this summer (see Tilly's tutorial, for example), I took one of the funkier too-small pairs and cut off a leg. Painless, I promise! I then had a lovely fabric tube all ready to stuff with some styrofoam beads I had picked up at a local craft store. They were fairly large (maybe 2.5 cm?) and the tights weren't that long, so I ended up making a bracelet instead of a necklace. I tied off each bead and the ends of the tights. I then closed the bracelet with a piece of black velvet ribbon from my stash. Et voilĂ ! A very unique, over the top bracelet to wear at holiday parties. And now I'm brimming with ideas of other things to do with tights... infinity scarves, thin loop fabric necklaces... I hope my daughter outgrows a few more pairs soon!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Cute and simple! Thanks for the share! -Seeks, EOD