Friday, December 30, 2011

Straight Skirt to Pencil Skirt Refashion

Hi! I'm new to Refashion Co-op and want to thank all the contributors for their inspiration to try refashioning and to the editors for getting me set up (I'm NOT a technical genius!). I've recently started a new blog, Beehive Chic, for FABulous people like you who want to live a Queen Been Life on a worker bee budget.

For my first project I waved my magic refashion wand and changed a simple unlined straight skirt to a pencil skirt. Here's what I started with:




And here's the glorious after:




(Okay, so this isn't the most flattering blouse with it, but I couldn't resist styling it like the model in the Ralph Lauren photo. Did I mention the inspiration skirt was $1000? Seriously, who pays that much for a skirt?)

I find that a pencil skirt creates a more flattering silhouette for my Curvy Girl figure than a straight skirt. If you're interetested in the no-couture-techniques tutorial, you can find it here.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Valerie

P.S. I'm really struggling to get great photos with my basic "fits in your pocket" point and shoot camera. If you have any links to great "get good photos for your blog" articles let me know. Thanks!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

This turned out great. I'm inspired to go alter some of my awkward-fitting skirts now!

--Natalli (EOD)