Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lots O' Undies

My 2 year old is really getting the hang of using the potty but still has some accidents during the day. He's still a ways off from mastering nighttime pottying, but that's okay. He loves to wear what he calls "diaper undies" and so this weekend I made him up a few pairs to try out a new pattern. They have been a hit! I also sold a few pairs over the weekend which was a nice bonus :) The first two are the ones that sold, then didn't fit so I took them back on trade for a different style since she had them for all of an hour and will get put up in my shop.

Pattern is the Trimsies Trainer pattern and it is fantastic! There are so many ways to sew these up and each version and size has it's own pattern....no more cutting into them for just one trainer. Well with the $8 or so investment :)

All are size L (3T) and were made with a mix of new/thrifted/recycled fabrics. They are 3 layers, an inner, an outer and a mid layer. There is a soaker layer sewn into the mid layer.

Crushed panne inner, Women's 3X T-shirt outer, T-shirt hidden layer and soaker made from t-shirts and the inner of an old diaper that was falling apart

Minky inner, Vintage thrifted outer, T-shirt hidden layer and soaker made from t-shirts and the inner of an old diaper that was falling apart


T-shirt inner, outer, hidden and soaker made from t-shirts and an microfiber cloth from the dusting pile.Shirt says "UAF Intramural Champions". I got this shirt back in college (uni. of alaska fairbanks) when my water polo team won the championships.

On the left is a crushed panne inner, thrifted outer, T-shirt hidden layer and soaker made from t-shirts and the inner of an old diaper that was falling apart
On the right is a poly fleece (maybe, who knows) thrifted inner, an Old Navy blanket outer, T-shirt hidden layer and soaker made from t-shirts and the inner of an old diaper that was falling apart.

That's all for tonight. I do have a whole stack of "in progress" projects that I look foward to sharing with the group shortly!

~Michelle
www.lagamorphlounge.blogspot.com

4 comments:

La La Lauren!!! said...

wow what a great way to use old tshirts!

LaLalauren
Editor on duty

Agy said...

These are cute. Hats off to you - where do you find the energy to do them :-) I was flat out when I had my child.

Michelle said...

haha...we have 4 *12yo, 11yo, 2yo, & 1yo* I also babysit an 8mo 40 hours a week :) Thankfully Sunday is "Mommy Sanity Day" and hubby hangs out with the kids a bunch & I catch up on crafting. Then and in the middle of the night when all is quiet :)

Anonymous said...

These would have been perfect when my 5 kids were little! I'm sure they are comfy too. Great job!