Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hi!

Hello fellow refashionistas! My name is Dee and my blog,
Seams Sustainable is an off-shoot of my home-based business, which is clothing design and manufacture, using as many recycled and upcycled materials and embellishments as possible. I also do custom sewing (costumes for dance and historical re-enactment, formal wear, wedding attire, etc.) and I give sewing lessons, including lessons in clothing repair - an essential sustainability skill.

Here's an example of one of my upcycles. I found this denim vest in a charity thrift store for a few dollars. Rather than dramatically alter the vest, I used the natural seam lines as a track for ribbon embellishment. Then I added some burlap flowers with button centers and painted stems.




3 comments:

willywagtail said...

That is absolutely beautiful. Cherrie

Refashion said...

The vest looks very pretty. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the Refashion Co op. We are glad to have you here.

Debbie EOD

Cassandra Louise said...

Absolutely beautiful! I would love to wear something like that. It's decorated, without being too "busy". :-)