Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Spooky Yet Girly Tee


Finished piece ( front )

Finished piece ( back )

Plain tee

Felt cut-out

On my way

Mmmm...my art work needs some practise

We don't really celebrate Halloween or Day of the Dead in Australia but my daughter ( aged 9 ) loves the whole spooky colourful theme.

I wasn't able to find a felt skull cut-out so I made my own, free hand. I found an old white tee and some groovy fabric crayons. After placing the skull on the tee at ( what I thought ) was an interesting angle, I begun to rub the crayons carefully over the felt skull.

It's a very preliminary foray into refashioning and working with clothes- I only just got my first sewing machine !!! You can check out other refashions HERE  as I add to my work.

Have a wonderful day, Francesca.

3 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

What an awesome idea, well executed. The shirts are great!
Kathy

Winterfell Mixed Media said...

Thank you :)

Stacey said...

Wow, I love these! Great work!