Saturday, October 13, 2012

Taking It In, Part V: Cinch It

This has always been one of my favorite tops. The color is positively lovely. The sleeves are plenty long for my ridiculous monkey arms. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit any more.

Elastic-Back Shirt Refashion - Before

So I took in a bit along each side and sleeve, maintaining the original cuff size. But it was still a bit too large in the waist to be flattering. I created an elastic casing across the back of the shirt from dart to dart. And now my favorite button-up shirt can retain its title.

Elastic-Back Shirt Refashion - AfterElastic-Back Shirt Refashion - After

For more details, check out CarissaKnits.
I've got one more trick up my sleeve (pun very much intended) for taking in a button-up blouse. So keep an eye out for my series finale!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

"unfortunately, it doesn't fit anymore"!!! I'd be pretty stoked that my clothes were getting too big on me ;) I love this fix, it is flattering and functional and I've appreciated your series! Great job!

Mandy said...

This is great! Thanks for the tip.

marianne_bags said...

I'm loving all your brilliant ideas to rescue too big shirts! keep them coming.