Friday, January 04, 2013

Les Mis T-shirt


     I was inspired by the recent remake of Les Mis to dig out my old T-shirt from when I saw the musical years ago.  I never liked the big face on the front so I turned it around and cut a new neckline, which I finished with a piece of fabric I trimmed from the bottom.  Then I tried to make those bow sleeves that  people have been making but mine didn't turn out to look like bows.  I think they look okay though.  Then I added a piece of elastic to the bottom.  I'm not a big fan of the flowsy-blowsy look in general so we will see if I keep it this way.
     Then I bought some sweaters at the thrift store to make a blanket for my sister. She said regular blankets from the store "make her cold" so I got ones with wool in them and serged the pieces together.  I have all these sleeves left over but I plan on making them into handwarmers and selling them at work.
    I'm having terrible trouble getting pictures to load in Blogger so this was the best I could do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work. I've been keeping an out for woolly sweaters too as i want to make a patchy blanket.... I might need an overlocker first tho :-)

La La Lauren!!! said...

such a great idea with the tshirt! love it!

lauren
EOD