JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER: When posting a refashion, please remember to only use your USERNAME (i.e. jenniferelliott14, LaLaLauren) in the LABELS area. Please do not add other labels because an editor will add them at the end of the month. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Wednesday, 6 February 2013

A touch of embroidery to this refashion

This latest refashion was from a shirt my aunt handed down to me. I loved the colour, but it was a bit loose. Thanks Aunty Pia!!!

Since I had to cut along both side to take it in, I decided to add a bit detail; some machine embroidery . You can see how cute the design is, even though its actually white in came a bit pink in the photo. I used sticky stabliser to allow me to hoop this area.




Then I used a french seam to finish the side seams, you can see its a much nicer fit.







Look  here for me information on french seams.

2 comments:

Eddie Roued said...

The embroidery sure adds a little something! Is your aunt Pia by chance Danish?

Anyway, lovely!

Eddie (EOD)

marianne_bags said...

no, we are maltese, Pia is a famanine of Peter.
Thanks, I really should do more embroidery!