Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Denim Refashion and Introduction

Hello fellow refashionistas!

My name is Jen, a.k.a. The MadMama.

This is my first post here on Refashion Co-op and I'm so excited to connect with all of you!

For my first post, I thought I'd do a denim refashion.

I needed something to cure my sore neck and shoulder which was caused from my 10 lb. purse!


Yikes!
So I found a pair of jeans that would be perfect for the job!


Then I cut off one of the pant legs.


Then (after some measuring and marking) I sewed the bottom of the pant leg (tube) shut, poured some rice in, sewed, filled the tube with some more rice, sewed (are you getting the picture?)
So once the pant leg was finished off, I ended up with this.


A nice heating pad for my aching shoulder. I just heated it in the microwave for a couple minutes and let the heat work it's magic on my poor muscles!

If you want to see more details, you can check it out on my blog!

Thanks for letting me share my refashion with you!
~Jen :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so funny, b/c I have a heating pad just like this at home! It used to be a pair of boys pants, but now looks much like your creation here. I actually did a double take when looking at your photo! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't steal it I swear! lol
Thanks for your comment! :)
~Jen

Adele said...

Oh I definitely need me one of those!

Adele - EOD

Anonymous said...

I realized after finishing this, that it would've been nice to add a few drops of essential oil for a nice aromatherapy effect. You can also use dried beans, buckwheat, even cherry pits instead of rice! Easy peasy. ;)