DID YOU KNOW? If you have two refashions ready, you could post one refashion now and could schedule the second refashion at a later time. When you start a new post, simply click on SCHEDULE -- located on the right under POST SETTINGS. A calendar should appear, and all you need to do is pick a date and time for your post to appear on the blog. Scheduling a future post is great for those times when you know you'll be away from your computer yet need to complete your monthly post as per the Posting Guidelines. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Refashion- Oversized Peasant Blouse to Button-Up Blouse

Hello Everyone!

I have another shirt refashion to share.  

I had this beautiful peasant blouse.  It was much too big for me to wear, but I loved the fabric.  


(Doggie photo bomb!) 

:)

I ended up taking it completely apart with the help of my trusty seam ripper and a huge helping of patience.


I decided I wanted to turn into a nice button-up blouse.

I used the sleeves from the original shirt to make the top part of the shirt on the front and back, the collar, and the sleeves.  I used the maroon bands that were framing the collar of the original shirt (cut in half lengthwise) to make the strip for the buttons and button holes in the front.  I cut the main pieces of the original shirt up into four pieces and re-assembled them back together with their new cut.  I hemmed the bottom and the sleeves.  Added some vintage maroon buttons and finished!




Whatcha think?

I'm really happy with the transformation.  I am in love with this fabric print.  It is just so delightful!  

For more details on how I achieved this and the pattern I used, check out my blog.

Thanks everyone!

Erinn

6 comments:

willywagtail said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Cherrie

Mikelina said...

It's beautiful both ways! I love the wild fabric in a more conservative-style button down.

Kelley Dibble said...

With your devoted patience, your new blouse is truly a work of art! Certain you get sooo many lovely comments on it!

Kelley~

Adele said...

Oh wow, that is absolutely awesome!

Adele - EOD

cookiecrumbs said...

I love it. Gorgeous fabric, definitely worthy of the transformation!

Erinn Merlo-Jackson said...

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and encouragement :)