I have another shirt refashion to share.
I had this beautiful peasant blouse. It was much too big for me to wear, but I loved the fabric.
(Doggie photo bomb!)
I ended up taking it completely apart with the help of my trusty seam ripper and a huge helping of patience.
I decided I wanted to turn into a nice button-up blouse.
I used the sleeves from the original shirt to make the top part of the shirt on the front and back, the collar, and the sleeves. I used the maroon bands that were framing the collar of the original shirt (cut in half lengthwise) to make the strip for the buttons and button holes in the front. I cut the main pieces of the original shirt up into four pieces and re-assembled them back together with their new cut. I hemmed the bottom and the sleeves. Added some vintage maroon buttons and finished!
I'm really happy with the transformation. I am in love with this fabric print. It is just so delightful!
For more details on how I achieved this and the pattern I used, check out my blog.