Sunday, June 23, 2013

A few small refashions

No. 1
A thrift store blouse. I liked the fabric and the fit, but not the scrunched effect in the front.

I cut the ribbon of and hey presto: Boat neck. I used the ribbon to make a tiny bow, that I sewed to the bottom of the ribbed part. It scrunches the the lower ribbing slightly.

No. 2
I always wear dresses og skirts, and 8-10 months of the year it is too cold to go barelegged here. So I spend quite a lot of money on tights and stockings. I have started refahioning them, when they tear.
I might be over-thrifty, but a penny saved is a penny earned, that I can spend on something more fun than stockings...

Two pairs of stockings with holes in the leg parts.

Into one pair of stockings.
Tutorial on my blog here: http://saga-i-farver.blogspot.dk/2013/02/strmpebukse-genbrug.html

No. 3
If the holes is in the heel and/or toe part, you can cut them like this. I wear these with socks in closed shoes or boots.
It is not pretty, but it works, and I like that I get more wear out of the more expensive tights and stockings.
It doesn't work with nylon stockings. Microfiber stockings doesn't need finishing. Cotton tights needs finishing, preferably with a serger.

Or you can of course simply cut off some of the leg length of to make 1/1 length, 3/4 length. 1/2 length or 1/4 length leggins.

No. 4
Thrift shop ballgown.

 Took it into my size and then transformed it to a cocktail dress by simply shortening it.

More refashions and creative projects at http://sagaifarver.dk

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Great money saving tips on giving new life to old stockings. I like the cocktail dress...it looks very pretty

Debbie EOD