Thursday, June 06, 2013

Hi there !   I'm Kip, new to Refashion Co-op and this is my very first post !  A little background on me.  I've been sewing for over 30 years and ADORE thrift shops, garage sales and flea markets . Sewing for my outdoorsman husband and three sons have given me some interesting challenges.   I recently opened my  very own sewing school - sew excited (corny I know) but I am lol.  Below is one of the refashioned items I made for display to promote my Creative Redesigning Class.  

On with the show ………. 
The jeans were what inspired me first, love love love the embroidery on them! The skirt was a perfect match of butterflies and flowers to compliment the embroidery.
So ….. from this………. 


I made …… THIS !
I used the pink skirt to add ruffles  to the hem of the jeans once I cut them off and also the skirt was used for the backing of the vest .  The legs were used to create the front of the vest….. so much fun to explore more girlie pursuits ! ENJOY !

7 comments:

Dessy said...

That is ADORABLE!!!

primcreek said...

This is so pretty!! Excellent!

IWOM said...

A favorite of the IWOM -- denim + a good girly floral print.

Glad to have you on board!

IWOM: EOD

Anonymous said...

Hi Kip - that's one of the best refashions I've seen for ages! It's an absolute transformation! Can't wait to see more of your stuff.

Cucicucicoo: Eco Crafting & Sewing said...

Welcome, Kip! Very cute! Love how you made the vest, and the floral trim looks great on the skirt! :) Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thank you :)

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Totally gorgeous.