Sunday, June 16, 2013

"Amelia Tells Me So" Skirt.

This skirt refashion is dedicated to Amelia as she is my biggest support and also harshest critic when it comes to my refashions. She is very encouraging however she can also be brutally honest when she doesn't like one of my creations. I have a tendency to refashion with lots of layers, bling, pizzazz and generally it ends up being over the top. How do I know this.....Well Amelia Tells Me So. This was going to be another one of those over the top refashions with my usual lots of layers, bling, colour etc etc.


So I started with this plain thrifted skirt. Bargain at $3.99. The plan was to replace the plain panels with silk ties, vintage fabric and whatever else I could find.

And then I heard little Amelia's voice ringing in my head....."Less is more Mezzy". So what I ended up with was no additional silk ties, no additional vintage fabric and no additonal bling. I must admit that I am loving my simple "Amelia Tells Me So" Skirt refashion. 

For a Mezzy style tutorial ( more steps, more pics) come and visit me at my blog.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

too cute.

Sandy said...

oh yes! Just the right statement!
Sandy in the UK

Cucicucicoo: Eco Crafting & Sewing said...

Amelia was right! That one strip of color is a wonderful accent! Adding more would've made it too much, but this is just right! And it looks fantastic with that shirt! :) Lisa

Refashion said...

I love the one bright strip of colour.

Debbie EOD