Monday, June 17, 2013

Onesie (or long-sleeved t-shirt) no-brainer


Summer Clothes Alterations

This is a real no-brainer, so I wasn't going to post it at all, but sometimes the most obvious refashions don't even occur to us! So, you know one of the reasons why I love cotton jersey and t-shirts so much? Because if you have long sleeves which aren't so long anymore...

Summer Clothes Alterations

...or your little munchkin's onesie snaps are ripping off (or afore-mentioned munchkin is ready to start using the potty, in which case you want the easiest access possible!)...

Summer Clothes Alterations

...you can just cut off those snaps...

Summer Clothes Alterations

...and/or the sleeves...

Summer Clothes Alterations

...and you're all set with a nice little t-shirt! With jersey, you don't need to worry at all about fraying, but if you so wish, you can always overlock the edges to make it look a little more finished (as I have done on the right above), or even go all out and sew hems or binding. I suppose I could've also embellished this shirt a little, but this is just for sleeping in, so I didn't really care.

aggiustare le ascelle di una maglietta

I've found some onesie sleeves to be on the wide side, which looks pretty ridiculous when snipped off into short sleeves. In that case all you have to do is turn it inside out and sew some new, tighter, armpits, and snip off the excess fabric.

This is all so simple to do, I know nobody needs any further details, but in any case, the tutorial on making a t-shirt from a long-sleeved shirt or onesie can be found on this bilingual guest post I did at Mammabook and fixing the armpits is in this post on my blog from last year.

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Great reminder and inspiration of how to re-use onesies.

Debbie EOD