Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pocket shift from an old sheet

Three-sided "pillowcase" principle...
The Purple Pocket Shift, un-embellished
The old sheet started out cream colored, but - OOPS! - I forgot to take a photo. I dyed the sheet twice; the first time I used RIT Dye Black, but only one bottle. It turned out purple-ish, and sort of blah. So the second time I dyed it I used RIT Dye Dark Brown plus a half a bottle of Black, and the color came out much richer. At the neckline I hand-stitched a silk tie scored ages ago at the Goodwill thrift store. I didn't use a pattern, and instead went by the pillow-case principle: Three sides stitched up with the bottom undone, and the neck cut out of the top. Annekata supplied the inspiration and the idea for pockets. Please feel welcome to visit me on my blog, the Embarrassing Disgrace.

Skinny silk tie was hand-stitched to the neckline...
Voila`! Pocket shift with moccassins

3 comments:

Sandy said...

This turned out a great colour in the end. and the tie really works well on it.
Sandy in the UK

Sylvie Créative - Créations Ma Déco Maison said...

Really cute!

Refashion said...

Love the colour and the big pockets

Debbie EOD