Monday, October 28, 2013

Modcloth-inspired baseball shirt

This summer, I got two very large men's baseball t's at a garage sale for $1 each. I made the navy and white one into this t-shirt dress. This was the other one.


I was inspired by this shirt from Modcloth, a site I stalk routinely for new inspiration. 


I took in the sleeves and the side seams of the shirt to make it more fitted. Then I cut the high-low hem, though not as dramatically as the inspiration piece, and stitched the hem. Here's how it turned out.


It was great for not-too-hot summer days. Now that it is much cooler here near Chicago, I have started styling it with a button-down for added warmth.


It is so soft and comfy - it is my new favorite shirt. Thanks for reading!

-Amy



T

4 comments:

Refashion said...

Great job altering the tee. It looks so wearable for autumn. Thanks for sharing

Debbie EOD

La La Lauren!!! said...

Oh I love the button down with the baseball tee! Never thought of that. Looks good!

SewSweetVIntage said...

Love baseball shirts! Nice project!

Carissa said...

I never would have thought to put a baseball tee over a button-down, but it totally works! Great job!