Friday, November 15, 2013

Going green

In both ways. Ecollogically because I am reusing something that already existed, and in the actual green colour. 

I was in love with this dress when my mother gave it to me. again, someone had given it away and it didn't fit her, so she always brings those pieces for me to see. Sometimes, when I like them and they fit me, I keep them as they are, but other times, they are just perfect to go into my refashioning pile. 

This was the case. The dress was too big for me and at first I considered just taking in a bit to make it fit, but then I was going to be part of a pattern tour in my blog and that fabric would be so cute in a little tunic for my daughter. 

And well, that's what I ended up doing. I used the original dress best features: the lace on the bottom, the ruffles... and turned it into this:

read all about it HERE.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!! She looks adoreable!!! xxx

Carissa said...

What a cutie! She looks like she's enjoying her new tunic!

Refashion said...

It is lovely, I like the edging and buttons. Your daughter is so sweet too!

Debbie
EOD