Monday, November 04, 2013

Re-refashion and a copycat all in one!

Remember this refashion I did with this silk top this past year? Well, if not, then the pictures show the change between the before and after.
 I think that it came out cute...but then I wore it once, maybe twice and never again. I would grab it, put it on, then take it back off because it somehow always felt a bit like a pajama top.

Now, I am a huge fan of Portia's refashions that she posts here and on her blog. So I decided to copy what she did here and change this to a peplum top. I followed her steps and the only major difference with mine is that I kept the sleeves attached, and made the peplum with what I had cut from the bottom. By narrowing the torso of the top portion, this still allowed for the slight gather that I needed to make this work. And I already loved the shape of the hemline and wanted to keep that intact. Here's how it all turned out!
If you look more closely at the right shoulder on the back view, it shows a bit of an issue with the facing sticking out. I simply needed to press the top and that took care of that! It definitely does NOT feel like a pajama top to me anymore and I feel it is even cuter. I still love the cobalt blue color, I adore the silk fabric, and I am a sucker for buttons down the back. *Swoon* Thank you Portia, for the inspiration (I can now check  this off of my Refashion Ideas pinboard!) and now I have only about 5-6 more of your refashions to copy. (I may or may not be rounding that number down by a lot in order to not appear like too much of a stalker/copycat refashioner).

I'm off to work on another project (which might be that same colored pleated skirt in the photos...)! Hope you like this one as much as I do; peplums really are flattering and even though I tend to jump onto the bandwagon when the more fashion-forward are jumping off, I feel like I'm not too late with this one.

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

3 comments:

Carissa said...

I adore the cobalt blue as well. Nice job!

Refashion said...

The peplum makes the top fit so well, and what a great colour.

Debbie
EOD

Unknown said...

Wicked cute! Excellent- especially keeping the hemline the same- adds a lot of character!