Sunday, November 03, 2013

Re-refashion (re-de-refashion?)

A few years ago my partner-in-crime refashioning sister refashioned this longsleeved shirt for our youngest sister. She didn't wear it anymore by now, so I snatched it, de-refashioned it and re-refashioned it ;).



I needed something to cover up the statement at the front. This had been on the the refashion shelf for a looong time. Loved the humoristic print, not so much the rest of it. Perfect.

I started by taking off the dragon's spine and the netting in the back off the white T-shirt.
Then I simply cut the print off the blue T-shirt and sewed it onto the white T-shirt (thereby also covering the white T-shirt's print).

I considered making a organically shaped applique, but I think the rectangle fits the print quite well.

More refashions and creative projects at http://www.sagaifarver.dk

2 comments:

Carissa said...

What an easy way to update a shirt that still fits but you don't like the saying on it. Great idea!

Refashion said...

The tee shirt looks fab now.
debbie
EOD