Friday, November 22, 2013

Skirt to Star Trek Sweater Dress?

I thrifted this sweater knit long skirt with a torn waistband and a high back slit a couple of years ago at my local thrift store. I initially thought I could make a cardigan vest out of it. But since I just LOVE sweater dresses for Fall/Winter, I thought I should try to turn it into a sleeveless sweater dress.

Using a refashioned sweater dress as a guide, and some purple velour scarps from my stash, I turned it into something like this:

My hubby saw me in the dress and asked if I was going to be in the next Star Trek movie! I guess he thought that it looked too sci-fi/futuristic with those sleeves that stuck out.

What do you think? Should I redo the sleeves to make them stick out less?

5 comments:

Sandy said...

put a logo/communicator badge in position and go with the look!

Really, though, I don't think it looks too Trekkie. Perhaps a belt?
Sandy in the UK

Irma said...

I love, really love your dress. I want to copy it.
As a friend of mine gave me a violet fabric, my dress will be violet with black fabric at collar and sleves.
Thanks for sharing!
Irma from Italy

Irma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lovenicky said...

Thanks for your comments! I have worn the dress once out already and I have decided to trim the sleeves a bit. I have broad shoulders and back so the sleeves as they are really exaggerate the width even more.

Refashion said...

I love the look of this dress. Let us know how you get on with the altered sleeves

Debbie EOD