Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, December 02, 2013

Fall Floral: a heavy knit hem

Hello again everyone! I wanted something warm and fun to wear to Thanksgiving this year. I found this floral, knit, outdated dress at a local thrift store that I love to go to, and I think I paid about $0.75 for it.

I could see that it had potential, but it was too long. Here is a before picture, along with my cat, Darwin, being indecent. I apologize.

Hemming heavy knit fabric turned out to be soooo much more difficult than I thought! I spent a few hours on a job that should have taken me about 45 min, tops. I finally got it right, though, and here is the final product!

 For more of the story, you can visit my blog, Em-provising.



DressUpNotDown said...

Never underestimate the value of a good and proper hem! :o)

Adele said...

Your new dress looks gorgeous!

Adele - EOD