Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, December 02, 2013

Shortening a skirt and gaining a headband!

I had this really long skirt that used to drag along the ground.  Not much fun in the wet.

So I decided to shorten it a little.  As it had a bold pattern, I decided to shorten it from the top (an old curtain trick that I picked up along the way!)

I cut the waistband off, took out the zip, sewed it back up and added some elastication (I don't show my waistbands anyway!)

And lo and behold I not only had a new skirt - it also came with its own matching headband!

If you'd like to see more pictures of this and other refashions you can come on over to my blog at:

Happy refashioning everyone!


1 comment:

Refashion said...

I never think of shortening a skirt fromthe top! Very clever.
Debbie EOD