Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mad Hatters Tea Party

Hiya! This weekend I had an awesome time away celebrating my beautiful  friend Niki's 30th birthday and it was a Mad Hatters Tea Party!
Of course I left my costume planning until the last minute! I bought felt top hats for my boys and let them choose ribbon & feathers from my stash to decorate them:

 I decided I wanted to wear a mini top hat so I created one using a paper cup, felt (I thrifted a large piece for $1 awhile back), hot glue, ribbon & funky bits & buttons all from my craft stash. I was rather impressed with the outcome..do you think I could get away with wearing mini hats for everyday wear or what?!






 I wore my mini hat with a thrifted vest, thrifted crinoline, refashioned cami and studded belt.



4 comments:

Carissa said...

That is so clever! I think you could totally pull it off for everyday wear.

Carissa
-EOD

Unknown said...

wow

Unknown said...

Glad to know about mad hatter’s tea party. My friend is planning her sister’s birthday at one of best reviewed Venues in NYC. She want to make it memorable as it is her first birthday after marriage. Hope she surprises her with best arrangements.

sandy in spain said...

How did you make the brim curl?