Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mad Hatters Tea Party

Hiya! This weekend I had an awesome time away celebrating my beautiful  friend Niki's 30th birthday and it was a Mad Hatters Tea Party!
Of course I left my costume planning until the last minute! I bought felt top hats for my boys and let them choose ribbon & feathers from my stash to decorate them:

 I decided I wanted to wear a mini top hat so I created one using a paper cup, felt (I thrifted a large piece for $1 awhile back), hot glue, ribbon & funky bits & buttons all from my craft stash. I was rather impressed with the outcome..do you think I could get away with wearing mini hats for everyday wear or what?!






 I wore my mini hat with a thrifted vest, thrifted crinoline, refashioned cami and studded belt.



1 comment:

Carissa said...

That is so clever! I think you could totally pull it off for everyday wear.

Carissa
-EOD