Saturday, March 01, 2014

Getting Ready for Spring!

This green shirt was a bit too low. The black mark  on my body double is the lowest point where I would wear a shirt.

 I opened up the shoulder seam and adjusted the shirt to fit. I didn't want to take the entire sleeve off, so I just gathered the access and re-stitched the shoulder seam. It made the sleeve a bit pouffier.


 Final results. Not much different but you can't see the black mark now :  )

3 comments:

Elizabeth Hill said...

Sometimes it's the little things that really make a difference! I also like the gather at the shoulder. Nicely done!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Elizabeth Hill said...

I forgot to mention before, but you don't need to include other descriptive words ("dress," "shirt," etc.) when picking labels. You only need to choose your name. I went ahead and fixed it for you this time.

I'm looking forward to your next project!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Clare said...

I really like how you did this. I've passed up many a cute shirt because the scoop was too low for me. I'll have to try this. thanks!