Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Once in a Blue Moon...Retro Refashion



This is the first post of my new and ongoing series "Retro Runway."  This is where I will post refashions that have a retro vibe from the 50's and 60's, maybe even the 40's.  I love the fashions from those decades!  For this first refashion, I began with this dress...


I drew inspiration from these two vintage patterns...



And, this is what I ended up with...



For more pictures, and a step-by-step tutorial of the process you can visit my blog,

6 comments:

Adele said...

Oh my word. I absolutely love that style of dress and the fabric works perfectly!

Adele - EOD

Sandy said...

Great transformation - well done for seeing the potential in the collar!
Sandy in the UK

Penya, An apprentice housewife said...

Fantastic works! You are so clever to refashion it as beautiful as this!

Bunny said...

What a difference! Wonderful!

Andrea said...

Yeah, that's a transformation! Wow, the before dress was a bit scary, but the after is so sweet :) Great work!

jennifer elliott said...

Great job! I love retro dresses.