Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, April 07, 2014

Just Add Polka Dots!

So I got this green dress. And nothing was wrong with it. But it was just meh.

So I decided to jazz it up a bit. Snagged some black piping and a bit of polka dotted fabric to make a sash. I make long sashes, my waist measurement tripled.

This polka dot fabric was rayon. For a belt that holds it's shape better use a stiffer cotton.

Pretty simple fixer upper and a much cuter dress. Got a boring dress? Try doing this!

Piping $4
Dress $3
Polka dot fabric $2
New cute dress = $9

Thanks for looking & happy refashioning!

(p.s. I feel so accomplished because I finished my post before the reminder!)

1 comment:

cfortin said...

Nice makeover and a great price tag. :-)

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab