Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Wrap dress extension

I'm pleased to contribute my first post to the Refashion Co-op!
A friend of mine gave me this great wrap dress, but the skirt barely overlapped. It was a windy day disaster waiting to happen. I cut and sewed in an extra panel to give the skirt extra coverage. Now I can wear it without flashing people!
Read more about this project on my blog, Hoopes Park Studios.


Sandy said...

Loving the pose! LOL But it is a very good idea!
Sandy in the UK

Carissa said...

Welcome aboard! I love a good practical refashion, and very well executed! I can't even tell it wasn't like that to begin with!


P.S. In the future, please only use your username as a label. Our tech editor uses the other labels to categorize post, so extra tags can gum up the works for her.

Andrea said...

Such a good idea! Why has this never occurred to me before??? Thank you for posting because I've got a dress that needs this ;)

Lovenicky said...

Welcome! I love the colour combo too. You get the great look of a wrap dress without the hazards of a wrap dress. Great job!