Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, June 13, 2014

Lace-panel t-shirt

For a long time, I had this lace-y top from Modcloth pinned to my Refashion Ideas board. I finally got around to making it, with lace left over from this refashion. I started out with a plain sky-blue t-shirt.

I took a piece of lace and laid it atop the shirt to figure out where I wanted the scalloped edge to fall.

I pinned under just a bit of the lace along the edge of the neck band and stitched it down , then trimmed away the excess lace close to the stitches.

Working my way around the lace piece, from the shoulder seams to the armholes, I pinned under the edge of the lace and stitched it down, close to the existing seams, one section at a time.

Finally, I sewed down the scalloped edge, very carefully, then trimmed out the part of the t-shirt that was inside the seams very, very carefully. Here's how it turned out.

And here's the close-up.

I love how it looks, and I hope it will be nice and cool when the weather turns hot. I wore it here with a strapless bra, but I may need to buy a regular one in a cute blue color to wear with this shirt.

Thanks for reading!   



Nina said...


Andrea said...

I love when copycats turn out soooo well!!! Really lovely outcome :)

Andrea EOD

Kathryn said...

Very pretty!

Louba said...

Love this.

Carissa said...


Bailey Mills said...

Love it!

April Rogers-Krick said...

Awesome. So pretty and makes a plain tee all girly like. Love it.

Joanna said...

nice job and has inspired me to try it out. I have just bought a couple of plain white Tees $3.50 each, and I have some white lace kicking around in the cupboard. Being big chested strapless bras don't give sufficient support so I might alter a white bra, taking off the straps and replacing them with either satin ribbon, or these new plastic see through jobs. I will also try to make a lace top with a white thin strapped vest under. Oh the permutations are numerous. Will get cracking this afternoon.