Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Luxe sweatshirt, take 2, and Workshirt, part 2

Last fall, I made this lace front sweatshirt. At the time, my computer was acting up, so I couldn't post the pictures of the process. Well, I made a similar sweatshirt using the same method, so I thought I would post it again. This time, I started out with this Rock & Republic top I got at a yard sale.

I liked the silver studs at the shoulder seams, but the whole lion/crest thing wasn't really doing it for me. So I cut out the entire front panel. 

I used that piece as a guide to cut out my replacement fabric, a sheer, shiny silver/black material.

Then I pinned the shear fabric in place, again using the front panel as a guide.

I removed the lion panel and stitched the sheer fabric all the way around along the existing seams. Here's how it looks now.

Much improved, I think. 

I also wanted to share an update to this blue workshirt I made in May. I thought it needed a patch. My dad, a Harley guy, was kind enough to let me peruse his stash of patches. I picked out this cool Harley Officer Training (HOT) one. It adds just the right touch.

 Thanks for reading.


April Rogers-Krick said...

The sweat shirt is awesome. It looks so kuch better and sexy too. The patch is fun. I like that touch.

IWOM said...

Thanks for another terrific step-by!

(When DO you find time to sleep?!?)