Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Mom's Peplum Dress Refashion

My mom gave me a peplum dress that she decided she didn't like b/c of an odd side zipper. I didn't get a before picture but here is where I cut it apart. I decided that since the dress was too big, that it would be beneficial to just turn it into 2 pieces that I can use in my everyday wardrobe.

I first turned the skirt into a regular everyday work skirt. I didn't want to loose the back vent, so I put in a side zipper. That gave me a big headache. More on this refashion here.

Then I closed the side zipper and moved it to the back of the top. I had to take it in a bunch so I took it in via the back. The neck bulged so it became more of a diagonal sort of taking in. More on this refashion here.

Got to love 2 for 1 refashions!


Carissa said...

You can't go wrong with a black pencil skirt, and peplums are so "in" right now. Plus, you could always wear the skirt and shirt at the same time and pretend it's still a dress. Fantastic, Lauren!


Lola Nova said...

2 for 1, that's working smart! Good work, you've got 2 classic wardrobe staples right there :D