Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, June 02, 2014

Seeing Spots: Sheer Skirt to Summer Shirt

I scored this skirt for just $2 at one of my favorite thrift shops last weekend. I'm not loving the thin elastic waistband, but the sheer polka dot fabric is awesome! I think it will make a lovely flowy top for summer.

Seeing Spots Sleeveless Top - Before

I chopped off the waistband, cut a collar and armholes, sewed the shoulder seams, and used remnants from another project to finish off the raw edges.

Seeing Spots Sleeveless Top - AfterSeeing Spots Sleeveless Top - After

More details are available at CarissaKnits!

Seeing Spots Sleeveless Top - Before & After


Rachel Kerstetter said...

This is adorable! I actually have a similar skirt that I've been trying to figure out what kind of shirt I want to make out of it... I think I'm inspired.

Cari Frock said...

i also have sim skirt. must try

Refashion said...

oH, SOOOOOO much better :)

Debbie EOD

Refashion said...

oH, SOOOOOO much better :)

Debbie EOD

Joke Vermanen said...

I like it a lot!

Lanky Sunshine said...

Very cute! I like the bottom layers much more on a shirt than a skirt.

Gema Ensenat said...

Love that!! :)