Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Cover-up to Shirt

I got this at the grocery store, of all places. The tag said "sundresses/swimsuit cover-ups."  My cover-up does a lot more covering up, and this was way too short to wear as a dress.  It was also see-through.  But I liked the polka dots, so I decided to make it into a shirt.

It had elastic smocking at the top that I removed, and it gave me a ton of extra fabric to work with.  Basically I made a tube, shirred the sides, and made straps out of the excess. I can now wear this without any special bra, which is nice. 


ILE-PensoInventoCreo said...

So cute! :-)

cfortin said...

I really like your transformation. It makes a very cute top.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

jennifer elliott said...

Cute refashion.