Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

First No-Sew Skirt to Dress Refashion

I found this plus size skirt a few weeks ago for a mere $1.98.  It was a bit too big for me, but I loved the color and pattern.

I had every intention of ripping off the waistband, replacing it with elastic, and shortening it to a more flattering length for my short frame. Then inspiration, or perhaps just laziness, struck.

I realized that when worn as a dress, it was the perfect knee length. However, it was a couple inches too loose at the top. 
Wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.
So I safety pinned a pleat in the front to take up the excess fabric.

Popped on a belt and Voila! Nearly instant sundress.


cfortin said...

Love the easy fixes!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

jennifer elliott said...

Super cute as a summer dress! Throw a black cardi on in the fall!

Erica Moody said...

I love this! When I first discovered that one could pull a skirt up and make it a dress in the spring, I couldn't believe how easy it was to get something so cute. Isn't it fun?