Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, August 01, 2014

I am a Dork!

Take this tutorial, the top section of a refashion from March and a sarong (okay, a two yard piece of batik I got in Kuala Lumpur that had its ends hemmed because I couldn't bear to cut into it), make a quick draft of the top for future reference and

stir well.

I'm dithering over stitching down those pleats to give the dress a little more shape through my shrinking waistline. I always leave dresses and skirts to hang overnight so will see what I feel like tomorrow.


RenataLaura said...

Yes wearability is key! you could wear a belt with it? Im like you, want to preserve as much of nice material as possible!

jennifer elliott said...

I love the dot-floral combination. Cute dress!

IWOM said...

I could make a belt with the leftover dot material, couldn't I?

TY for the idea!


Elizabeth Hill said...

I'm glad I'm not the only dork around here IWOM. :)

I really like how you mixed the patterns to make this dress. I like flowy dresses in the summer, so I vote belt versus stitching down the pleats.

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus