Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Linen Dress Refashion

Mom had this blue and khaki linen dress that she didn’t wear any more, so she said that I could have it.  The reason she didn’t wear it anymore was because the hem was sort of wavy.  I guess this happens to linen dresses after a while because of the nature of linen.  The reason she still had it taking up space in her poor old closet was because it was a tall size and she'd spent a lot of money on it and hated to just throw it away!  But instead of throwing it away, we decided to do a linen dress refashion.  It was a bit too long in the sleeves and hem for my taste, so I decided to start there. I started by cutting almost a foot off of the bottom and re-hemming it. Then I did the same to the sleeves.
Come over and visit us on the blog at Skirt Fixation!

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

This dress is adorable! I love the addition of the belt to cinch everything together. Great job!

Jennifer, EOD