Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pink Corset

 I picked up this corset at a garage sale, thinking it would be great as a theatrical costume piece. I thought it had great potential as Renaissance garb - except for that bright pink lace! I removed it, and think the piece looks much better. Now I have something new to add to my Tickle Trunk!

(Btw, does anyone outside Canada get the reference to the Tickle Trunk from the kid's show Mr. Dressup?)


g.satansbraten said...

Yep, you're right: better without the frill ;-)

And No: Tickle Trunk was unknown to me, jet I was simply 'translating' it into 'the big fun and surprise box for dressups and other special events'
And yes, finds in there CAN tickle indeed :-D

Greetings to Canada from Australia,

RanchHouse said...

For several years I kept a basket of dress ups for the grand-daughters. I have not heard of Tickle Trunk. How great to have this to add to yours.
Thanks for sharing your refashion.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

jennifer elliott said...

Wow! You're right! The corset looks so much better without the pink frilly thing. Love it.

Nina said...

;) so consensus is the "tickle trunk" from Mr. Dressup is a strictly Canadian phenomenon! thanks ladies for the kind words!