Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Flapper Costume from an Old Curtain

I made this flapper costume from an old satin curtain. To make it, I traced a dress I had onto the curtain on the bias. I flat felled the side seams and used ribbon as straps. The gold trim from the curtain became a fancy neckline on the dress. I used the same ribbon, plus some felt feathers and elastic, to make a matching headband. Add a long, beaded necklace and you have one glamorous Halloween costume! For more projects, come visit my blog, Hoopes Park Studios


cfortin said...

Cute costume. Halloween costumes and refashions are perfect for each other.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Michele Reynolds said...

adorable!!! love flapper style anything:)

Lovenicky said...

I think this is cute enough to wear for a date too! Great job!