Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Linen skirt refashion with lace

I found a too big skirt that was made of linen. I had no idea why I got linen because I actually hate linen because it gets wrinkled so fast.  I took awhile to figure out what I wanted to do with it. I disliked the buttons and pockets. I had a piece of lace that was a curtain that I figured I would cover up those pockets and hide the fact I was wearing linen.

I dyed the lace with purple iDYE. Then I attached it to the skirt, I cut off the linen skirt and made it shorter. I also took a little of the A-line out of the skirt to accommodate the lace. What I had leftover was this cute 2 color lace and linen skirt. And all those darn linen wrinkles were hidden. Success.

More information and pictures on my blog here. :)


1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I like that linen is lightweight and breezy but I hate that it wrinkles so easily! Nice refashion!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD