Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Manic Pixie Dream Girl Dress

I had this cute white collar and black sash that I removed from another dress
That sash was sewed to the dress right under that collar like a little necktie. I sewed it onto the collar and planned to reattach them as a team to something, someday. Now, a cute collar and floppy bow are not normally something I would be drawn to. I'm afraid of looking like I'm dressing younger than I am.
Months later, I happened on this old thing in my refash pile.
I thought that this completely shapeless, boring sack could be the vehicle for that collar. It would be like a Manic Pixie Dream Girl costume that I could make just for kicks. I included a link for anyone not familiar with this term.
TL;DR version: I cut it too short, changed the black sash for a teal polka dot one, and took in the sides a bit. Then I added a few "quirky" accessories.
You should definitely check out my full post on my blog; Craft, Thrift, or Die...if you feel like it.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I love it! What a great idea to spruce up a little black dress.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD