Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, December 01, 2014

Another cardigan - third life of a dull sweater

For a while now I have liked open front sweaters, and I thought they are really fun and cool, but I just didn't have that one that would work perfectly for the open front sweater refashion. Once I stumbled upon this tutorial I knew I was going to make it - the open front sweater from men's sweater!

I have tweaked the tutorial and tried a wild pinterest idea to use strips of paper napkins to make sewing knits easier. As I work an old sewing machine which is great for heavy fabrics, but less then great for sewing knits this tip came to me like a gift from the sky. Sewing knits with paper napkins is totally manageable. Unlike sewing them without it.

I hope you like this refashion and should you care for some details on the tweaks I made, please check out the Curvy Girl.

With love,


1 comment:

Refashion said...

The cardigan looks much better than the sweater! The sewing knits tip is interesting...I am going to check it out

Debbie EOD