Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Black refashions

I visited a thrift store, which had a fill-a-bag sale. I filled two bags with great stuff. Some of the clothes were fine as they were. Others needed a little sewing magic.

Black peplum satin shirt. I took it in at the sides.

Black button up shirt.
I took it in at the darts front and back, at the armpits and at the sleeves. And I shortened the sleeves.

Blue/black cardigan.
I took it in at the sides, narrowed the neckline and shortened the sleeves.

And a little extra which was not from this thrift store trip, but also needed some black thread:
Black jersey maxi skirt. I bought it in Greece in 1998 on a study trip with my secondary school class. Back then I thoght it was awesome.
I cut the skirt in two parts and used the bottom part to make a pencil skirt. I simply made a casing and pulled an elastic through it. Done.

Now on to the coloured and white clothes.


jennifer elliott said...

You're amazing! I hope you don't mind, but I've been posting your wonderful refashions to the Refashion Co-op Instagram account.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

jenny_o said...

All these fixes were fairly uncomplicated but oh- the difference they made! Looking forward to more.