Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, January 02, 2015

1 Year Blogiversary

To celebrate my first year on my blog, I decided to tackle a couple of simple refashions to create a comfortable and stylish outfit for today. I pulled out this top (free at a community swap) and the sweater below ($2 at the thrift store).

As you can see, this sweater is made of silk and cashmere, so I had to make it something I'd wear.

After a few chops, and a little sewing, I transformed the shirt into a scarf, and the sweater into one with slimmer, shorter sleeves and a pair of matching boot cuffs! Come check out the entire process on Little Did You Know along with info for a giveaway.

Happy Refashioning!


RanchHouse said...

Andrea, Congrats on the one year.
Love how you took these two items and made them fit your own style.
Mary @ RanchHouse

Andrea said...

Thank you Mary!

Amy Jo said...

When I saw that shirt, I was wondering what you would do with it! I didn't see a lot of potiential, but it looks really great as a scarf!