Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Rags to 'riches'

I recently attended a workshop on rag rugging, and thought I would share my results on here... as its 'refashioning' in a different way..

You know you get woollen scarves that felt a bit, or clothing that, well, has seen better days and a re-fashion to wear is out of the question? (I expect a barrage from everyone.. 'what, not refashion??')

This is a handy thing to do with all the extra bits of material from the discarded garments, old scarves, clothing, blankets, fleeces.. anything a bit ropey.. Just use hessian and find some rag rug tools, the technique is dead easy, once learned.



I've not done a tutorial on this, as I was learning as I was making.. made a rather nice cushion, which I'm really pleased with.. 
This technique could be used to make a rug or bag too.

1 comment:

RanchHouse said...

Welcome to Refashion Co-op. It is great thinking out of the box on refashions. Rag-Rug-making is one of my fav projects.
I would love to have seen a pic or two of the garments that went into this rug. You might have used something I did not think of.
You can even edit your post and show a pic of a garment that is in the rug-making stash.
Mary @ RanchHouse Editor of the Day