Sunday, February 01, 2015

sweater refashion

Hi everyone, my name is Angela and I am excited to be contributing to this wonderful site. I have always had a passion for creativity, especially sewing. I first began altering clothes as most of you probably did, for a better fit. I now enjoy turning clothing into something different.

Today I am sharing a recent alteration. I love the color of this sweater, but my closet trolls have been busy and poked a few holes into it.


I almost threw it out and then realized that it would be prefect to turn into a shrug. I cut the bottom of the sweater off,  removed the stitching in the V-neck and cut open the front.


I raided my lace stash and found a match, which I sewed around the outside edges. Standing back I decided it needed more lace. Finally I used a ribbon as a tie closure.




Hope you all enjoy.

4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Welcome to the community! Great refashion.

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. Don't forget to add your username -- DLG Creations -- in the label area when publishing your post. That way the editors can keep track of your posts. :)

Rennie said...

That's gorgeous! I love blue with white lace, nice save

Carissa said...

Wow, I can hardly even tell it's the same sweater! It's so nice to save something destined for the trash bin. Great job!

-Carissa
EOD