Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, February 01, 2015

sweater refashion

Hi everyone, my name is Angela and I am excited to be contributing to this wonderful site. I have always had a passion for creativity, especially sewing. I first began altering clothes as most of you probably did, for a better fit. I now enjoy turning clothing into something different.

Today I am sharing a recent alteration. I love the color of this sweater, but my closet trolls have been busy and poked a few holes into it.

I almost threw it out and then realized that it would be prefect to turn into a shrug. I cut the bottom of the sweater off,  removed the stitching in the V-neck and cut open the front.

I raided my lace stash and found a match, which I sewed around the outside edges. Standing back I decided it needed more lace. Finally I used a ribbon as a tie closure.

Hope you all enjoy.


jennifer elliott said...

Welcome to the community! Great refashion.

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. Don't forget to add your username -- DLG Creations -- in the label area when publishing your post. That way the editors can keep track of your posts. :)

RenataLaura said...

That's gorgeous! I love blue with white lace, nice save

Carissa said...

Wow, I can hardly even tell it's the same sweater! It's so nice to save something destined for the trash bin. Great job!