Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Kimono-esque Dress

This skirt came home with me from the last clothes swap I attended. I couldn't help but get an Asian vibe from its print, so I wanted to do something reminiscent of a kimono, but with a twist.

Kimono-esque Dress - Before

I chopped off the bottom foot or so and rehemmed the skirt. Then I built a simple surplice-style bodice from the cut-off portion and re-attached it at the waist.

Kimono-esque Dress - After

I love how it turned out!

Kimono-esque Dress - After

For more details and photos, click on over to CarissaKnits!

Kimono-esque Dress - Before & After


Refashion said...

What a sweet dress. Looks great

Debbie EOD

cucicucicoo: ecological living said...

Very cute! I love the kimono style! :) Lisa

Lola Nova said...

That's an impressive transformation, you did a great job and it really suits you :)