Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, March 02, 2015

Live Long and Prosper

In memory of Leonard Nimoy, who passed away on Friday, I thought I would share with you a simple refashion I did a few months back but hadn't shared on the blog until now. I picked up this awesome, brand new t-shirt for a couple bucks at Goodwill, thinking my husband might wear it. Sadly, he doesn't like to broadcast his nerd-dom as loudly I do, and therefore, he never wore it. So I decided to confiscate it for myself and feminize it.

Star Trek Tee - Before

I grabbed another t-shirt that fits me well and used it as a pattern to cut the new body and sleeves. Then I sewed them back together, and that was that! A simple makeover in memory of the man who gave life to Mr. Spock.

Star Trek Tee - After

I paired my new tee with black jeans and black leather boots, in keeping with the original Star Trek uniform, plus I added a black long-sleeved tee for an extra layer of winter warmth. I also threw on some gold bangles to coordinate with the gold on the shirt.

Star Trek Tee - After

For details and photos, visit me at CarissaKnits!

Star Trek Tee - Before & After


Refashion said...

I like the fit of the new tee and the contrast of the black sleeves

Debbie EOD

primcreek said...

Oh my goodness my husband would have lost his mind if I had found a shirt like that. He would definitely have worn it. However, I like your version. It looks great. LLAP!!!!!